This position has now been filled. Thanks for your interest.
SAFYR UTILIS (the “Company”), a Management Company regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius, is currently looking for a pro-active and dynamic Risk & Compliance Officer with a minimum of 3-5 years of working experience preferably in the financial services sector.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide support to the attainment of the overall objectives of the Risk and Compliance Function. This shall include but not limited to conducting AML/CFT risk assessment, risk and compliance review(s) and monitoring of all products, technology and business practice;
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the AML/CFT program for Safyr Utilis, ensuring compliance with current AML/CFT regulations and other relevant legislations;
- providing support and guidance to the Risk & Compliance Function on all risk & compliance affairs including potential legal risks and liability;
- Design, apply and review internal policies relating to Compliance based upon review of objectives, risks, and regulatory requirements and oversee their implementation;
- Embed a compliance culture across Safyr Utilis through awareness and training initiatives, designing and delivering an appropriate training and education programme;
- Where relevant, act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer, the Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer and/or the Compliance Officer and carry out duties as per local regulatory requirements, including overseeing the compliance monitoring programme and preparing periodic reports;
- Monitor the Risk Management Plans covering existing and new legislation on an ongoing basis including the performance of control adequacy reviews;
- Ensuring that risk is managed and monitored within the Division according to the general compliance and risk guidelines set by Safyr Utilis;
- Generally deliver a seamless service to internal clients of Safyr Utilis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Law or Law and Management or equivalent qualification preferably in the field of finance or financial services and directly related to compliance functions ;
- Minimum 3-5 years prior experience in the financial services sector and preference given to experience in Risk Management and Compliance;
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, avid learner;
- Hands-on, self-motivated and naturally organised;
- Proactive, task driven, with a positive attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication
To apply send information to: firstname.lastname@example.org